Skip to Content
Visit Muscogee Nation

Child Care Online Application:

Click here for Application



To participate in the Muscogee Nation’s Office of Child Care Subsidy Program the parent(s)/guardians must be working, training, or enrolled in an education program.

The Muscogee Nation serves all Muscogee and other Native American families that reside within our eleven-county boundaries.   We also serve all Muscogee families within 100 miles of the eleven-county boundary of the Muscogee Nation.

To apply for assistance parent(s) must submit a completed application with the following:

  1. Current one-full month pay stubs and completed Income Verification Form.
  2. The current class schedule lists the days and hours of attendance with financial aid or Bursar’s Student Account for each parent.
  3. Submit all household income received.
  4. Proof of residence (utility bill or lease agreement).
  5. Copy of children’s State Certified Birth Certificate and Citizenship or CDIB cards.
  6. Copy of each child’s current Immunizations (Shot Records).
  7. Oklahoma DHS, other Tribal Child Care Assistance Program, or Muscogee Nation Tribal Town Closure Letter if the child has received child care assistance from any other programs.

The Child Care Assistance Application is available and accepted via fax, e-mail, office visit, USPS, or e-form.  In addition, documents are available and accepted by fax, e-mail, office visit, or USPS.

Updates effective October 1, 2021 to September 30, 2022 will continue to benefit our children, parent, and child care providers.

Household Size Max Income Household Size Max Income
Foster Child No Income Limit 5 $6256.00
2 $3667.00 6 $7119.00
3 $4530.00 7 $7281.00
4 $5393.00 8 $7442.00

lncome Eligibility – The Office of Child Care has increased the income Eligibility and a $300.00 per household parent deduction from the total household income.

Over-income Essential Workers – Child Care Assistance is available to those who work in the following essential work without regard to income eligibility:

    • health care & public health workers,
    • law enforcement, public safety, first responders,
    • child protective services workers, those who provide services in the child welfare system & other criterial social services workers
    • food & agricultural workers (including grocery store & restaurant workers & food truck delivery drives)
    • child care workers
    • utility employees
    • water and waste water employees
    • transportation and logistics workers
    • public works employees
    • communication and information technology workers
    • Other community-based government operations and essential function employees
    • Criterial manufacturing workers
    • Hazardous materials workers
    • Financial services employees
    • Chemical workers
    • Defense industrial base employees
  • Family Share Co-Pavs – The MN Office of Child Care will continue to waive the Family Share Co-Payments.
  • Provider Daily Rates – Our Daily Rates align with the OKDHS Daily Rates. We are paying an additional $5.00 per Child per Day to our OKDHS Centers & Homes and MN Homes.
  • Certificate and Attendance Record Submission – The Office of Child Care will continue to accept the Certificate and Attendance Records via fax, email or USPS. Your caseworker will continue to acknowledge receipt of your monthly Certificate & Attendance Records via email.
  • The Certificates and Attendance Records are due within 15 working days after the child care services have been provided.
  • The child care assistance can now be paid for up to 8 weeks of Maternity Leave – THE PARENT MUST SUBMIT A STATEMENT REQUESTING MATERNITY LEAVE TO THEIR CASEWORKER WITHIN 10 WORKING DAYS.


The Office of Child Care operates a Certificate Program. The parent(s)/guardian(s) may choose a state licensed child care center; state family child care home; tribal registered child care provider; or select a family member or friend over the age of 18 that meet the registration requirements of the child care program.   Child care cannot be provided in the child’s home. (Contact our Resource & Referral Unit for a current list of tribal registered child care providers).

The parents/guardians are approved for a 12-month Eligibility Period. Parents will be assessed a monthly family share co-payment to be paid to the child care provider. The family share co-payment is determined by the monthly household income and the number of persons residing in the household and is not based on child care usage.

When the child is approved for child care assistance the Child Care Assistance Caseworker will mail or email an Approval Letter to the parent(s)/guardian(s) and the child care provider.  The Certificates and Attendance Records will be mailed or emailed to the child care provider after the Muscogee Nation Licensing & Monitoring have approved the child care provider.

Parent(s) will receive a Re-Certification Letter in the 10th month of their 12-Month Eligibility Period requesting their annual update documentation. The documentation is due by the 10th day of the 11th month even though the child care assistance expires the last day of the 12th month.

Parent(s) are responsible for reporting within 10 working days and submitting within 30 working days any changes in their household information that can affect child care assistance.


Child Care Assistance can be provided for the parent(s)/guardian(s) who are searching for employment. An application must be complete and approved. The Parent(s)/guardian(s) do not have to register with the Workforce Oklahoma but must submit their unemployment benefit.  The parent(s)/guardian(s) may contact the Muscogee Nation Employment and Training program.


The Child Care Assistance is available for foster children in the Muscogee Nation, OKDHS or another Federally Recognized Native American Tribe Custody.  Contact the Office of Child Care for an application and to eligible, the foster parents must be working, training or enrolled in an education program.


The Monthly Service Payment is made directly to the child care provider. Income received by the child care provider will be reported to the IRS.  The Certificates & Attendance Records must be submitted within 15 working days of the last date of service or will not be process for payment.   Assistance paid for by the Office of Child Care cannot be claimed for any tax credit by the parent(s)/guardian(s).

For more information regarding child care assistance or to request an application contact one of the following Child Care Assistance Caseworkers:

For more information regarding child care assistance or to request an application contact one of the following staff:

Child Care Assistance Caseworkers

Katie Hooks       918-732-7686     

Sheena Proctor             918-732-7671  

Kristi Losh                    918-732-7675    

Danyelle Smith             918-732-7676  

Child Care Assistance Supervisor

Jo Ahtone                     918-732-7658