Purpose: The Emergency Scholarship Fund is established to provide assistance to Muscogee (Creek) Higher Education students to pay for debt that is preventing their effort to complete their education.
Please review the application for scholarship information and required documentation.
- Student must be an enrolled citizens of the Muscogee (Creek) Nation and possess a Citizenship card
- Student must be or have been on the Higher Education program
- Student must be responsible for providing a DETAILED letter explaining the reason for financial hardship (financial aid exhaustion, student status change, etc.);
- Student must be enrolled in an accredited institution of Higher Education that offers degree programs
- Copy of Muscogee (Creek) Tribal Citizenship Card
- Copy of the bill stating the amount owed and to whom it is owed; and
- Additional eligibility criteria shall be determined and requested by the reviewing committee (Example: Financial Aid, invoices, etc.)
Mvto for your interest in the Emergency Scholarship. This scholarship program is closed for the remainder of the year and will reopen October 2021. For additional resources and information, please visit the Mvskoke Scholar Resources tab on our website. Mvto!
Applicants! Please note that applications will be review for eligibility after the deadline. Information and documents will take 6 to 8 weeks post-deadline for notification. Students are urged to continue researching and applying for multiple sources of financial aid as our awards are supplemental awards.
- Applicants are selected by committee. If selected, students will be eligible for a one-time award up to a maximum of Five Thousand and No/100 Dollars ($5,000.00) per student for supplemental financial assistance depending on the need and availability of funds.