Muscogee (Creek) Nation Head Start is a multi-site Tribal Head Start program with a funded enrollment of 289 children and families. Head Start provides a no cost educational program for eligible children ages 3 to 5 years old. Our staff is dedicated to providing fun and exciting learning experiences. Families are always welcome and strongly encouraged to volunteer.
To provide a program where pre-school age children are offered an early educational experience that will build the foundation to become a lifelong learner
The mission of our Muscogee (Creek) Nation Head Start Program is to provide children and families a Comprehensive Early Childhood experience with parental, staff, community, and tribal involvement that will build the foundation for positive lifetime growth and development.
Value and Beliefs
- Education: We value the education of our children; therefore, create a learning environment that enhances children’s abilities to succeed in school and later in life.
- Family Services: We believe that services are family-centered; therefore, we value that children develop in the context of their family and culture, and parents are respected as the primary educators of their child.
- Mvskoke Language: We value the Mvskoke language; therefore, we believe in efforts to preserve and teach with an emphasis on retaining the Mvskoke language that children will pass along to future generations.
- Health: We empower children, and those involved with Head Start; therefore, we value healthy lifestyles, with an emphasis on developing self-care and wellness choices for life.
- Nutrition: We believe that providing good nutrition is important in developing healthy nutrition habits; therefore, we value that staff and families working together will help in identifying children’s nutritional needs, cultural preferences, and dietary needs.
- Transportation: We value the opportunity to provide safe transportation to our Head Start children and families.
|Cora Camren||Manager||(918) 732-7901||CCamren@muscogeenation.com|
|Amanda Durrett||Education/Disability Specialist/Mental Health||(918) 732-7899||ADurrett@muscogeenation.com|
|April Fields||Administrative Assistant||(918) 732-7905||ApFields@muscogeenation.com|
|Dana Wells||Health, ERSEA, and Transportation Specialist||(918) 732-7897||Dwells@muscogeenation.com|
|Tina Ward||Administrative Secretary||(918) email@example.com|
|Sean Brady||Facilities Coordinator||(918) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Teresa Jennings||Parent Family Community Engagement Specialistemail@example.com|