Muscogee (Creek) Nation Vocational Rehabilitation Services Program was established in 1998 with a Federal grant award received from the United States Department of Education, Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services, Washington, D.C. with matching funds made available from Muscogee (Creek) Nation. Vocational Rehabilitation Services Program coordinates and co-cases with Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitation services at the request of the consumer and services are provided by both programs without duplication of services to maximize resources.
Scope of Services:
Muscogee (Creek) Nation Vocational Rehabilitation Services Program is designed for American Indians with disabilities that pose a permanent impediment to employment to prepare for, enter and retain suitable employment consistent with their strengths, abilities, capabilities, interests. Scope of services are any services that are described in the Individualized Plan for Employment with services provided in a manner that is consistent with each eligible consumer’s needs and informed choice.
Services include, but not limited to:
- Counseling and guidance
- Job-related services
- Vocational and other training services
- Referral to secure needed services
- Physical and restoration service;
- prosthetic and orthotic
- eyeglasses visual
- other services determined necessary to achieve goal
- Must be a member of a Federally recognized Indian tribe and live within the Muscogee (Creek) Nation boundaries.
- Must have a documented physical or mental disability that pose a permanent impediment in obtaining or maintaining successful employment
- Must be able to benefit from vocational rehabilitation (VR) services in terms of employment outcome and must require VR services to prepare for, enter or retain suitable employment.
If you would like to apply online please click here.
Vocational Rehabilitation Services
401 South Woody Guthrie St.
Okemah, OK 74859
Phone: (918) 623-1197
Toll Free: 1-888-367-2332