Provides assistance with shelter and utility cost to Muscogee (Creek) citizens who have experienced an unanticipated break in income and/or other extenuating circumstances. Assistance is up to $500 per year. Payment goes directly to utility or landlord/mortgage company. Guidelines apply.
The information on this page is not all-inclusive and assistance is not guaranteed. Cases are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and subject to review/approval.
- Muscogee (Creek) Household
- Household must have not received assistance in the past 12 months from any Tribal, State, Local, or Federal Agency.
- Unanticipated break in income, due to no fault of your own OR
- Extenuating circumstances including, but not limited to the following: Separation/Divorce, Out of pocket medical expenses, Out of pocket car repairs, Out of pocket home repairs, Homeless and/or relocation.
BASIC REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION:
- Copy of citizenship card or printout from the MCN Citizenship Office for all household members. Driver license/ID or birth certification will be accepted for non-Indians.
- Copy of social security card for all household members.
- Income verification for household.
- Documentation of break/situation.
- Copy of bills requesting to be paid (rent/mortgage, utility).
- Additional information may be required, depending on situation.
APPLICANTS SHOULD NOT WAIT FOR THE DAY OF CUTOFF, EVICTION, ETC., TO REQUEST ASSISTANCE
ABILITY TO MAINTAIN:
Applicants must provide income verification to prove they can continue shelter, utility, and other living expenses. Rent cannot be more than 30% of gross monthly income.
1000 Riverwalk Terrace STE 240
Jenks, OK 74037
Phone: (918) 549-2484
Fax: (918) 298-4197