The NAHASDA Program provides assistance with shelter and utility costs to members of a federally recognized tribe. Households must have experienced an unanticipated break in income and/or an extenuating circumstance. Assistance is up to $1200 per year. Payment goes directly to the utility or landlord/mortgage company. Guidelines apply.
- Household must have not received assistance in the past 12 months from any MCN Social Services.
- Household must meet NAHASDA income guidelines.
- Must reside within the MCN Reservation.
- Unanticipated break in income, due to no fault of your own OR
- Extenuating circumstances including, but not limited to the following: Separation/Divorce, Out of pocket medical expenses, Out of pocket car repairs, Out of pocket home repairs, Homeless and/or relocation.
BASIC REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION:
The information on this page is not all-inclusive and assistance is not guaranteed. Cases are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and subject to review/approval.
- Copy of citizenship card for all household citizens. Driver license/ID or birth certification will be accepted for non-Indians.
- Copy of social security card for all household members.
- Income verification for household.
- Documentation of break/situation.
- Copy of bills requesting to be paid (rent/mortgage, utility).
- Additional information may be required, depending on the situation.
APPLICANTS SHOULD NOT WAIT FOR THE DAY OF CUTOFF, EVICTION, ETC., TO REQUEST ASSISTANCE
ABILITY TO MAINTAIN:
Applicants must provide income verification to prove they can continue shelter, utility, and other living expenses. Rent cannot be more than 30% of gross monthly income.
1000 Riverwalk Terrace STE 240
Jenks, OK 74037
Phone: (918) 549-2484
Fax: (918) 298-4197