What is TANF?
The Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) Program is established to increase a family’s ability to attain self-sufficiency by providing cash assistance on a time-limited basis. Assistance is provided to Family and Non-needy caretaker relatives provided all Program requirements are met.
A new emphasis on work and personal responsibility requires Families to engage in weekly work activities. A total of 20 hours is required for a 1-parent household with a 2-parent household required to complete 30 hours.
Non-needy caretaker relatives’ assistance is provided to care for a child/ children in a relative’s home. Participation in weekly work activities is not a requirement.
1000 Riverwalk Terrace STE 240
Jenks, OK 74037
PO BOX 580
Safe Space Facility
3000 Warrior PL.
Okmulgee, OK 74447
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8 AM-5 PM
To inquire about the Tribal TANF Program please call:
(918) 732-7985 or Toll free: 1 (800) 482-1979 Ext. 7985 and ask to speak to an intake specialist.
- Verification of at least one member of the applicant family who is a citizen (enrolled) of a Federally Recognized Tribe.
- Services all 11 counties within the Muscogee (Creek) Nation Tribal jurisdiction with exceptions.
- Meet income guidelines
- Must have dependent children in the home
MUSCOGEE(CREEK) NATION TRIBAL TANF PROGRAM REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
- Eligibility Form: form may be completed in the office during intake appointment or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Self-Assessment Survey: survey concerning education level, job skills, hobbies & interests must be completed prior to Planning Visit for each applicant
- State Certified Birth Certificates: for all household members
- Tribal Membership: for all household members
- Social Security Cards: for all household members
- Guardianship, adoption, or custody documentation: for each child on the grant
- Child Support Assignment: all third-party resources must be pursued for each child on the grant
- Residence Verification: must be a current utility bill in the applicant(s) name
- Collateral Statement: if the applicant(s) does not live in a residence of his/her own, a statement from a non-relative verifying residence must be submitted with a current utility bill in the homeowner’s name
- Income Verification or Other Assistance: for all household members; includes, but is not limited to, employment, food stamps, social security, veteran’s benefits, per capita payments, etc.
- Resource Verification: automobile, checking account, savings account, stocks, or bonds; if applicable
- Car Title & Insurance Verification: must be in applicant(s) name; if applicable
- School attendance/enrollment verification: for all school-age children is required and updated throughout the year to document attendance as well as custody and residence
- Immunizations: must be current for all children
- Marriage License/Divorce Decree: if applicable
- Medical Documentation/Medical Status Form: completed by applicant(s) physician regarding current medical status; if applicable
- Valid Driver’s License: for applicant(s); if applicable