School Clothing Program
The School Clothing Assistance program is open to all enrolled Muscogee Creek students, regardless of where you reside.
- MCN School Clothing grant is $200 for students in head start through the 5th grade and $250 for students in 6th grade through the 12th grade
- Assistance is based on funding availability
- Apply once per calendar year for each student.
- Reimbursements are not allowed
- Purchases are not tax-exempt
- The school clothing check is void after 90 days from the date of the check
- Once the check is cashed by the applicant, the Muscogee (Creek) Nation/School Clothing Program is absolved from any further responsibility
This amount is NOT tax exempt.
Student(s) must be enrolled with the Muscogee (Creek) Nation. Citizenship will be verified.
Parent/Guardian applying for the child must be the custodial parent, legal guardian, foster parent or caseworker at the time the application is processed in the school clothing office. The parent/guardian applying for the student(s) are not required to be a tribal citizen.
Students must be 3 years old or older and must be enrolled in Head Start or Pre-K through the 12th grade at the time the application is received. (Head Start or Pre-K cannot be pre-enrolled or on a waiting list.)
Home School students must be 5 – 18 years of age. If a child tests out before turning 18, the child will no longer be eligible for the program.
If receipts were not submitted the previous year or receipts were submitted late or did not total the amount awarded per student, the student will not be eligible to receive assistance this year, regardless of who applied for the child the previous year.
Only one (1) application per household will be accepted.
Application may be submitted by mail, fax, email, in person or by dropping it in the drop box located at the School Clothing Office. Please do not mail, fax and email duplicate applications.
Receipt of Application Postcard
• Once an application is received, a postcard will be mailed to the head of household.
• Incomplete applications will receive a pending letter and will be held until the end of the year. If needed documentation is not received by end of year, the application will be denied.
Examples of non-approved items:
check cashing fee
sports gear/mouth pieces
Any items purchased that are not listed on the approved list are subject to a denial. This denial will result in the amount purchased being decreased. Please note, receipts must total or exceed the amount awarded to be eligible for the next school year.
School Clothing Program
2971 N. Wood Dr
PO Box 580
Okmulgee, OK 74447
Monday thru Friday 8:00 am. to 5:00 p.m.
Office: (918) 549-2473
Toll Free: (800) 482-1979
Fax: (918) 549-2478