College/Vo-Tech School Clothing Guidelines
Applications must be submitted via the Camphouse Portal.
- Student must be a Muscogee (Creek) Nation citizen. Citizenship will be verified.
- Student must be 24 years of age or younger at the time application is received
- Currently enrolled and attending full-time in a college /technical school.
- Pursuing an undergraduate education/certification.
- Check will be issued to the student on the application.
- College/Technical School Clothing grant is $150.00.
- Assistance is based on funding availability.
- Apply once per year, January through December.
- Reimbursements are not allowed.
- Purchases are not tax exempt.
- The school clothing check is void after 90 days from the date of the check.
- Once the applicant cashes the check, the Muscogee (Creek) Nation/School Clothing Program are absolved from any further responsibility.
- You must have your correct mailing address on your Camphouse Portal account.
- Completed application, signed by student.
- A letter from the registrar showing full time enrollment with the official seal of the college/ technical school OR a schedule showing student’s name, name of school, full time enrollment/credit hours.
- Due within 90 calendar days from the date on the check, not the date the check is cashed.
- Postmark dates will be accepted. Postmark dates must be legible and have the date printed.
- Receipts must be dated on or after the date on your check. This is not a reimbursement program.
- Receipts must total or exceed the amount awarded. Receipts are monitored for non-compliance. * Do not submit cash, coins, check or money orders or other forms of payment with receipts.
- Photos, copies, emailed, scanned, faxed or original receipts will be accepted. ALL RECEIPTS MUST BE LEGIBLE.
- Legibly print your name and phone number on each receipt. (Do not submit with other applicants, ex. Parents, siblings, etc.)
- All receipts must be dated, itemized, and have the store name and phone number. Do not cut off any information.
- No handwritten or garage sale receipts will be accepted.
- School receipts (clothing purchased from a school) must be itemized, dated, stamped with school stamp and signed by a school official.
- Please make copies of receipts for your records.
- Online receipts or Shipment/Packing slips will be accepted but MUST show store name, order number, order date, itemized list of items purchased with prices and total amount spent.
**Failure to comply with receipt due date and amount will result in student being ineligible for the next program year.
Exceptions to this will include a natural disaster or medical/family emergency. Documentation of the natural disaster or medical/family emergency and a written appeal must be submitted within 10 calendar days from date of MCN’s notifications. Documents must be dated within 90 calendar days from the date on your check.
** If receipts are not submitted or receipts do not total the amount distributed, you will not be eligible the following year.
Approved Clothing Items
Tops, pants, jeans/shorts, dresses/skirts, undergarments, belts, winter hats, winter gloves, scarves, coats, shoes, boots, coveralls. Any items purchased that are not listed on the approved list are subject to denial. Non approved items will not be counted toward your receipt total.
Check cashing fee, cell phones/minutes, make-up, perfumes, colognes, pajamas, sleepwear, swimsuits, sports gear/mouth pieces, shoe inserts, back packs, school supplies, hair accessories, jewelry, donations, umbrellas, bag fees, cowboy hat, baseball cap, etc.