Skip to Content

BIA IIM Assessment

The Social Services Office shall conduct case management of supervised IIM accounts. Assessments and distributions are not approved by the MCN Social Services Department. We are responsible for preparing the assessments and distributions then forwarding them to the Regional BIA Office for approval. Checks are not processed in our office. The Social Services Director, Secretary of Community & Human Services, and the Principal Chief cannot waive any decision that is made by the BIA.

What is an IIM Account?

An Individual Indian Money (IIM) account is an interest-bearing account managed by the Department of the Interior, Bureau of Trust Funds Administration (BTFA) on behalf of an individual who has money or other assets held in trust for them by the Federal government. You might have an IIM account because:

  • You inherited the land through probate.
  • You received an interest in trust land through a Gift Deed or purchase.
  • You received a per capita trust payment from a Tribe, a tribal settlement, or a court-ordered judgment award.

Circumstances for the BIA to Restrict an IIM Account

Protective Services

Those services necessary to protect an Indian who is the victim of an alleged or substantiated incident of abuse, neglect or exploitation or who is under the supervision of the Bureau in regard to the use and distribution of funds in his or her IIM account (25 CFR §115 Subpart C & 25 CFR §20 Subpart D).

  1. Court order identifying the account holder as non-compos mentis.
  2. Determines through an administrative process that the account holder is an adult in need of assistance.
  3. Receives information from another federal agency that the account holder is under a legal disability and the agency has appointed a representative payee.

Should you know an individual who is a victim of an alleged or substantiated incident of abuse, neglect, or exploitation, please contact the Muscogee Nation Adult Protective Services.

Adult Protective Services (918) 732-7699

Social Services (918) 549-2880

Toll-free 1 (800) 482-1979

Where to Apply for Services

Okmulgee Location

Safe Space Facility
3000 Warrior Road
Okmulgee, OK 74447

Mailing Address
PO Box 580
Okmulgee, OK 74447

Business Hours
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Fax: (918) 549-2494

Main (918) 549-2880

Toll-Free (800) 482-1979


Wetumka Location

MCN Social Services
333 S. Washita
Wetumka, OK 74883


Main (405) 452-1100


Jenks Location

MCN Social Services
1000 Riverwalk Terrace STE 240
Jenks, OK 74037


Fax: (918) 298-4197

Main (918) 549-2484