The deadline to apply for ERAP/UA Assistance is June 30, 2022
The Muscogee (Creek) Nation Emergency Rental Assistance Program is utilizing funds provided by the Department of Treasury to provide both emergency rental assistance and utility assistance for up to 15 months for eligible households across the United States.
- If you already received 12 months of assistance, you may be eligible for 3 more months.
- If you are new to our program, unfortunately, the program ends on June 30th, 2022, so limited assistance would be available if approved.
All assistance payments will be made directly to landlords and/or property managers, and utility companies on behalf of eligible households.
Utilities may include the following: electricity, gas, propane, water and sewer, trash removal, and internet.
Who is eligible for ERAP?
The Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) will provide assistance to renter households who meet the following requirements:
- The Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP)/Utility Assistance (UA) will provide assistance to renter households who meet the following requirements:
- Includes a citizen of the Muscogee (Creek) Nation who is currently enrolled or a tribal member of a Federally Recognized Tribe who resides within the Muscogee Nation Jurisdiction boundaries; and
- Has a household income at or below 80 percent of the area median.
- Demonstrates a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability which may include – a past due utility or rent notice or eviction notice; and
- Qualifies for unemployment or has experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs, or experienced a financial hardship due to COVID-19; and
Applicants should not wait for the day of eviction, cutoff, etc. to request assistance. Due to the high volume of applications and staff shortages.
What do citizens need to apply?
In order to apply households should locate and prepare to provide the following items to the Emergency Rental Assistance Program:
- Citizen Roll Number. Citizenship Cards are not required, but correct roll numbers must be included from all Muscogee Nation tribal citizens in the household.
- Other Tribal Members from a Federally Recognized Tribe must submit their Tribal enrollment cards.
- Income Verification.
- To simplify the application process ERAP is asking that households provide the first two pages of their 1040 Tax Form for 2020 or 2021.
- If the household has not filed taxes or cannot locate these documents, the applicant must provide income documentation for the previous month for all income earned in the household for ages 18 and over.
- Applicants may provide a letter from another local, state, or federal government assistance program that verified the applicant’s household income or status as a low-income family, provided the determination for such program was made after January 1, 2020.
- Lease Agreement. Households must provide the full current lease agreement signed and dated by both parties and accurate contact information for lessors.
- Utility Statement. Households must provide the past due and current utility statements.
- Documentation of impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic. Households must illustrate the impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
How do citizens apply?
How do other Tribal Members apply?
Call to apply at 918-549-2915
If you need assistance in submitting your application electronically, you can also contact the ERAP call center at 918-549-2915. The call center will be open 8:00 to 5:00 PM Central Time, Monday-Friday.