Emergency Rental Assistance Program
The Muscogee (Creek) Nation Emergency Rental Assistance Program is utilizing funds provided from the Department of Treasury to provide emergency rental assistance up to $7,000 for eligible households across the United States. All assistance payments will be made directly to landlords and property managers on behalf of eligible households.
Who is eligible for ERAP?
The Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) will provide assistance to renter households who meet the following requirements:
- Includes a citizen of the Muscogee (Creek) Nation who was enrolled prior to March 31, 2021; and
- Qualifies for unemployment or has experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs, or experienced a financial hardship due to COVID-19; and
- Demonstrates a risk of experience homelessness or housing instability which may include – a past due utility or rent notice or eviction notice; and
- Has a household income at or below 80 percent of the area median.
What do citizens need to apply?
In order to apply households should locate and prepare to provide the following items to the Emergency Rental Assistance Program:
- Citizen Roll Number.Citizenship Cards are not required, but correct roll numbers must be included from all tribal citizens in the household.
- Income Verification.To simplify the application process ERAP is asking that households provide the first page of their 1040 Tax Form for 2020. If the household has not filed taxes or cannot locate these documents, the applicant must provide income documentation for the previous month for all income earned in the household.
- Lease Agreement.Households must provide current lease agreement and accurate contact information for lessors.
- Documentation of impact from the COVID-19 Pandemic.Households must illustrate the impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
How do citizens apply?
All applications must be submitted by October 29, 2021.
If you need assistance in submitting your application electronically, you can also contact the ERAP call center at 918-549-2915. The call center will be open 8:00 to 5:00 PM Central Time, Monday-Friday.